Sinterklaas
Getting ready to go see Sinterklass!
Disclaimer: I'm not making this up by the way....Belgians are seriously into their Zwarte Pete.
Sinterklaas needed help delivering gifts so when Santa was in Morocco/Africa he picked up a black guy named Pete to help him. Since he was Black (Zwarte in Dutch) his helpers were named Zwarte Pete.
Next story is that a white man named Pete was helping Sinterklaas deliver gifts and he fell down the chimney. When Santa helped him out he was all black, hence the name Zwarte Peter.
I personally like the Moroccan story the best and laugh out loud every time I hear it.
Sinterklaas and his Zwarte Pete's. Yes, their Santa looks like the Pope.
Alexis got to see her first snow while we were waiting for Sinterklaas!

1 Comments:
Cute photos...Alexis looks adorable in her outfit. Where did you go to see Sinterklaas and Zwarte Pete?
Post a Comment
<< Home